Top 10 Things My Children Seem to Debate Everyday.
There are a few sayings and things my children seem to live by and that annoy the heck out of me. See if you recognize any of them:
1. I didn’t make the mess so I’m not cleaning it up. Well pretty much 95% of the mess isn’t mine either but if I can clean up after you, you can clean up after each other.
2. Are you sure I have to go to school? Yep its my peace and quit time.. oh and they teach you all the things you swear you already know.
3. People who make bills should go to jail. They are stealing our money. While I tend to agree sometimes; its just the way the world works.
4. I didn’t get another turn on the computer like Michael did. You can insert any of the children into this equation. What I cant get them to understand is while we try to make things as fair as possible, there is only so many hours in a day and sometimes its just not fair.
5. When are you going grocery shopping? There is no food to eat. I love this one as we always have food. We just don’t have junk food. Or the fast throw in the microwave types of food. There is plenty of veggies in the fridge to snack on.. or You can actually cook something to eat.
6. When are you giving us our allowance. You already owe us the last few weeks. Your allowance isn’t an automatic thing. Its called doing your chores every day without being asked. So as of today I owe nothing as you have done no work.
7. I’m bored. There is nothing to do. There is plenty to do. You just don’t want to do it. You can wash dishes, scrub the bathroom, clean your room, or do some laundry. You could also get your brothers and sister to play a game, read a book, or go for a walk.
8. Mom where is my…..? I am not the keeper of your items. You are responsible for your own items. I am only responsible for you.
9. I have it worse than you because…. For whatever reason my children feel they must debate with each other why they have it worse and there forth should have more privileges than the others. Again we are back to the lesson life just isn’t fair. I have yet to convince any of them that there are people out there who have it worse than they do.
10. Mom I need ……. Every day my children come to me swearing they need this or that. Right now my youngest wants an Xbox 360 and my daughter wants minutes on her cell phone. This is where I get to talk about money doesn’t grow on trees and if they did their chores and saved their money then they could get what they want.
For some reason my lessons that come with these sayings always seem to go in one ear and out the other. So come tomorrow we will be going through the list again I’m quite sure and while I’m giving my lessons I’ll be wishing for a miracle.